Thursday, May 17, 2012

Giving Everything Up To God Gives Me Peace

I'm finding that everytime I say to God, "Lord, I give everything to You", I feel such a sense of peace and relief. It's like when I was little and I had any kind of trouble. Who did I run to for help? Mom or Dad. And they would take my trouble away by finding the solution to the problem (like what problem can't be fixed at age 5, right?) But I see it the same way with God as an adult. I give everthing over to Him, my dreams and hopes too! My whole life, health and being. I don't want any of it in any other hands (including mine!) than God's. And everytime I do, I just feel such a sense of peace and resolve afterwards. Like I felt when I gave my troubles or "ouchs!" when I was little to my parents. Similiarly giving my hopes and dreams and everything I have back to God blesses me even more. I want what God wants me to live and give. I just say it is all yours God and He seems to give me more as a result. But I truly want Him to have everything. I only want what He wants me to be and live. That's the only way I feel truly happy as I did as a child. Does anyone else feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment