Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jesus' Love For Jerusalem

Luke 13:31-35 (GNT) At the same time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to Him, "You must get out of here and go somewhere else, because Herod wants to kill you."  Jesus answered them, "Go and tell that fox: 'I am driving out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I shall finish my work.' Yet I must be on my way today, tomorrow, and the next day; it is not right for a prophet to be killed anywhere except in Jerusalem.  Jerusalem, Jerusalem! You kill the prophets, you stone the messengers God has sent you!  How many times I wanted to put my arms around all your people, just as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let me!  And so your Temple will be abandoned.  I assure you that you will not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'God bless Him who comes in the name of the Lord.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment