Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Do You Believe in the Forgiveness of Sins?

(from Pastor Rex Holt)
“Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.” - Romans 8:34
"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men” (Matt 12:31)
I believe in the forgiveness of sins, do you? You may be steeped up to the neck in every form of sin and evil. With one word He can make you clean and remove all defilement from your life.
Before trusting in Christ I was plagued with doubts and fears about my present and future. I felt the sting of condemnation and the shame of hypocrisy. I wondered if a person could ever know for sure that he was forgiven, clean and free from condemnation. But one wonderful autumn night, I heard with my heart the call of the gospel, “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved”. I knew it was for me. Christ died for my sins. He was buried and rose again on the third day for my justification. I placed my trust in Christ for salvation. I received Him as Lord of my life. It was a seed moment for me. All my future was packed into that moment. I enjoyed such a peace as I had never known. I knew instantly that I was forgiven, clean to the core, and accepted by the Father. I felt as sure of my forgiveness and acceptance as I previously felt of my shame and guilt. I was free and I knew it.
I look forward to seeing you this evening at Mercy Chapel. We start refreshments and fellowship at 5:30 with Worship and the Word at 6:00pm. We will continue our study of Ephesians. This Saturday the passage is Ephesians 2:8-10 and entitled, "Where is boasting?". The children are studying the quality of "Gratefulness"
"Saturday evenings" would be a great time to bring friends and family and neighbors who need Christ. Let's be bold in sharing the good news of this wondrous gospel of Grace. http://nextgenministry.us/?portfolio=mercy-chapel  (Not around these parts?  Listen to his sermons here, too, from anywhere!)
Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment