Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Battle Is Not Yours, But God's

Just wanted to share this from the book He Fights For You by Max Lucado and Andrea Lucado
(Devotion 29)    because I keep forgetting this very point it makes!  My battles don't have to be mine to fight alone.  My battles are God's. We are fighting spiritual principalities in our struggles, not the people or earthly obstacles we think we are fighting.

(Scripture) "Thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's'. " 2 Chronicles 20:15

(Prayer) "Dear Jesus, this is my surrender. I lay down my earthly weapons. I lay down my striving. I lay down all of my attempts to win my own battles.  I cannot win on my own. But You can, and the battle belongs to You.  I surrender all to You.  I boast only about Your Goodness, Love and Strength.  In Christ I pray, amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment