Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Be Still And Know That I Am God

It's so hard when pain, doubt and fear grip you.  You feel emotionally paralyzed.  Right now, it's even hard to write this.

Paul was inflicted with a physical ailment, and I think he was in prison too, when he wrote "Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked Him to take it away.  But His answer was, 'My grace is all you need, for My power is strongest when you are weak.'  I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me.  I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 GNT)

Let's look at this.  "My power is strongest when you are weak."    

I also read, "And so, consider this from generation to generation, that none who hope in Him shall fail in strength."  (1 Maccabees 2:61 NAB)

"But Judas said: 'It is easy for many to be overcome by a few; in the sight of Heaven there is no difference between deliverance by many or by few; for victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on strength that comes from Heaven'." (1 Maccabees 3:18-19 NAB)

"Be still and know that I am God."  (Psalm 46:10)  My Good News Translation has it "Stop fighting and know that I am God."  Either way, being still can infer not to fight with oneself.

I am making it a practice to think on this all day.  To be still and KNOW that He is God (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit).  

To KNOW that God is sovereign over everything. 
 To KNOW that God is, thus, sovereign over my life and my circumstances.  
To KNOW that nothing is stronger than God. 

To feel "Christ's power over me".    Jesus is with me.  He is in control.  If I give my life over to Him to take charge of it, He will.  And there is nothing He cannot do.

No comments:

Post a Comment