Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Between A Rock and Hard Place

It's like being stuck between a rock and hard place: when you know you need to move forward but you want to move back. When it hurts to go forward but it hurts to go backward, you don't want to move. When you don't know what to do, you feel frozen in place.

For today,  Feb. 3, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young begins with "I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU (ref. Romans 8:31 GNT) "If God is for us, who can be against us?").  This is a very powerful statement!  I'm about to whiz on but I need to really stop and ponder this!

"IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?" (Romans 8:31 GNT)  What, then, is there to fear?

She goes to write, as Jesus' point of view, that feeling anxious and alone means we're focusing on the world and our circumstances and "leaving ME out of the picture".  Advising "Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen."  (ref. 2 Corinthians 4:18)

Couple this with Feb. 3, 2016 in the Anchor Devotional (Haven Today),  in which Dan McKee writes, "On my own, I get tangled up in the dangers that could easily have been avoided had I been holding tightly to His hand. I often find myself asking God to help me see.  But I need to trust that He can see just fine and will lead me through."

Poor Nigel.  Forgive the image from the news but it fully depicts what I feel I'm doing!  Forgive me, Jesus.  Make me turn around and see You!





No comments:

Post a Comment