Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Step By Step With Jesus

I am off on a rough road in my move back home with no money, a nice debt and no job, in an unfamiliar area but with help from family and with the Grace of God. What is keeping me going is His Grace.  Everything I'm reading is telling me to stay with Jesus, taking one step at a time.

Sarah Young in Jesus Calling (February 1) starts with "FOLLOW ME ONE STEP AT A TIME" and explains:

"You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights...But you don't know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.  Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains.  There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from this distance."

Haven Ministries' Anchor Devotional for Feb. 1, 2016 says "...the key to breaking the power of sin in our lives is not found in the abundance of our efforts, but in walking constantly alongside Him in the abundance of His Grace. When I walk in step with God, I find His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30).  And when I wander away, He pursues me and welcomes me back to walk with Him once more."

What a great image that fills me with comfort and strength to take on today!  Thank you, Jesus, for patiently walking alongside me.   When I can, I sing the song "You're Grace Is Enough"  (featured below) to remind me Jesus' Grace is enough!












No comments:

Post a Comment