Sunday, February 7, 2016

Victory in Jesus Christ!

"Victory, victory, victory in Jesus!  Sing His overcoming blood, sing the grace that frees us."  (Victory In Jesus by Eliza E. Hewitt)

This is how it began one day in another devotional book of mine, He Fights For You, by Max Lucado and Andrea Lucado.

The prayer for that day says, "....The battles I face are Yours.  The victory is already won. You are with me. You fight for me. You save me, and because of this, I do not have to fear. In Christ I pray, amen."

You may know already that when Jesus died on the cross, the last words He spoke were "It is finished." (John 19:30 any version)

Study of Scripture tells us that He was indicating that He had completely and successfully paid for all of our sins.  He had no sin.  It was our sins He paid the price for, because we cannot fully pay for all of our sins against God.  He is All Perfect.  Try being all perfect for the All Perfect!  Our victory over death is freely given to us as a gift from Jesus Christ who suffered inhumane torture and died for us.

We know what this means then for our Eternal Life. But what does it mean, I think, for our very lives we live now?   That Jesus has victory over our lives and anything we give to Him.  Any trouble, any problem, any challenge too great for us to handle. Whatever we give Him (I give Him everything - even what to eat for lunch), He has already won the victory over.





"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

So I prayed this prayer, "May God shine His Glory upon my life!"   Repeat after me, "God will shine His Glory upon my life!"  That's what you say to anyone who discourages you.  

"God is shining His Glory upon my life."

And I'm already receiving His Blessings!  Thank you, Jesus!  Thank you, God.  I admire the woman in the movie War Room who always prayed with such conviction, as she teaches the younger woman to do. Watch the power in a prayer of conviction:




No comments:

Post a Comment