Monday, January 25, 2016

As We Lie Dormant, God Is Planting Seeds

The other day a friend and I were discussing the growth of Isis and the complacency it seems that America has taken in its position and a thought came to me:  (Please forgive me for getting political, but it's the idea that came to me that I want to get across)  that God is using this dormant time to plant seeds.

I had been told before that people living in the middle east are coming to Christ in droves! They are tired of their suffering inflicted there and tired of hiding, living in rooms with other families, and have lost faith in what they've been taught.  They are now seeking out Christ.   Bibles are in demand there.  God is planting seeds there!  He is using the opportunity brought by the suffering that mankind has caused, by use of our own free will, to bring people to Him.  Praise God!  

At a time when the super powers of the world appear dormant and evil runs rampant, seeds are being planted.  They are fermenting and growing.    

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."  John 18:36 (NIV)

Is Jesus' Kingdom not the Kingdom of Heaven that God wants to grow? Yes, of course!  So perhaps while He is allowing free will, He is also planting seeds.  But we also can be rest assured that God will always heed the cry of help from anyone who seeks Him.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."  Psalm 46:1 (NIV)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment