Saturday, January 23, 2016

Letting God Lighten Your Path


Two thoughts in Scripture and devotions that stood out to me this morning:

"God you are my rock and refuge. When I experience highs and lows, You are steady and constant" (He Fights For You by Max Lucado and Andrew Lucado)

"Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings I have hidden in the difficulties.  If you believe that I am sovereign over aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations.,,,search for My way..."  (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, for day January 22)

This I'm applying to my own life and struggles now as I prepare to move back home, penniless and unemployed.  The photo is where I live now on church property having rented from my pastors.

Sarah Young goes on to write  "Trust is like a staff you can lean on, as you journey uphill with Me (Jesus). If your trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bea as much of your weight as needed.  Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind." (referencing Proverbs 3:5-6)





No comments:

Post a Comment