Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Do you know who I Am?

Living in southern California, I've heard lots of stories of celebrities, in moments of confrontations, saying "Do you know who I am?". I even once heard from a woman whose child attended school with children of celebrities who was also challenged by them with, "Don't you know who I am?"

But it's not who we are that matters, it's who He Is: God Almighty alone is the Great I Am.  The one and only Great I Am.  The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is He.


"God said (to Moses), 'I am who I am, You must tell them: 'The one who is called I AM has sent me to you.' "  Exodus 3:14 (GNT)


Jesus, the Son of God, said to the Isrealites, "I am telling you the truth, Jesus replied, "Before Abraham was born, 'I Am'."

(This was in response to someone questioning Him, "You are not even fifty years old - and you have seen Abraham?")

In these scriptures, God calls Himself  "I AM".   We call Him the "Great I Am" - but God's greatness goes infinitely beyond any words.


What brought me to this whole thought was reading in Sarah Young's book Jesus Calling for January 5 about relying on Jesus instead of trying to do anything alone.  "But those who are successful in their own strength tend to go their own way, forgetting about Me.  It is through problems and failure, weakness and neediness that you learn to rely on Me."



























I love this song "Great I AM" performed by New Life Worship...WOW! 
Powerful!  Lifts the Soul!  Soul therapy.



No comments:

Post a Comment